Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat - The Snack-Sized Posting

This being late in the evening on Hallowe'en, I fully admit that I've had a little bit more sugar than I probably should have, so today's posting is going to be a whole bunch of "Snack-Sized" topics. Are you ready? Here we go...

1) Christopher and I went out to dinner tonight with friends. Went to a great place in Minneapolis called Blackbird. I think all four of us had great meals--none of us had any complaints. And we had some wine called "Basket Case" which was a really nice syrah.

2) Our new roof looks great. I promise to talk more about the process which got us the new roof in the next couple of days.

3) In the past 60 hours we have made 2 pans of bars and a chocolate pound cake. I made the two kinds of bars (to take to a meeting--although there are a few left), Christopher made the amazing chocolate cake (for a friend's birthday--we sent the leftovers home with him). It's truly that time of year--time when we find ourselves baking every time we turn around. Luckily, Christopher can take things to work so we don't have all of those calories in the house.

4) The flowers with the fresh "branches" aren't looking all that great. But we've placed them in a south-facing window to get as much sun as possible. And we're keeping fingers crossed, but not placing any bets.

5) Now that Hallowe'en is almost completely over, we just have to deal with the Election and then we can hope that the ghouls and goblins will go away.

So... Happy Hallowe'ekend. I hope you've all gotten your fill of snack-sized candy goodness. I'll work on something a little more substantial for next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally had to google "Hallowe'en" and figure out what the apostrophe was all about... Thanks for enlightening me!

Robert said...

Sorry. It's one of my weird little typographical quirks. :-)