Friday, March 20, 2009

It's Spring, Right?

We woke up this morning to a dusting of snow in Minneapolis. Yes. Today was the first day of spring, and our first day of spring started with snow. Granted, by the end of the day, we had rain instead, but I have to admit that waking up to that coat of white on the front walk was, to say the least, disheartening.

With that in mind, I wanted to share the photo I took while on my way back from my parents' this week. Remember when I was talking about how everything was looking beige? This is what I was talking about. And... umm... no... that's not my car sideview mirror in the picture. I swear I was not driving while I took the picture.


Can you see how everything is just kind of all one color? Actually... Now that I look at the picture, the ground kind of looks more golden. But can you see how beige the sky is? That's just not right...

I am happy to say that we're supposed to be getting rain this week and tomorrow is supposed to be up in the 60s and sunny. And this week the gardening guy on TV said that -- although it's too early in the year to do real work in the garden -- it's the right time to start seeds and begin cleaning up the detritus of last year's growing season.

Whew. I just might make it through this winter, yet. 

No comments: