Sunday, March 22, 2009

You Can Almost Feel the Change

I heard from a friend in Baltimore, today, that she was out doing springtime gardening this weekend. And the newspaper was full of ads touting yardwork supplies. And the weather in Minneapolis -- though predicted to be rainy and windy all day, was fairly warm.

And, somehow, this is all pointing toward actual (not just calendar-related) spring. Of course, there's a threat of snow in the long-range forecast, but in the meantime we have a couple of days with chances of rain and thunderstorms. (Yes, I know those weather phenomena are in what would normally be considered the wrong order.)

Right now, I honestly couldn't point to a single person I know who isn't looking forward to spring. It's not that we didn't all enjoy winter (at least a little), but winter has had it's fun and now we want to move on to the next big thing.

Yep. I'm ready to quit cleaning "leftover" mud off my shoes. I want to start cleaning fresh mud. Aren't you?

2 comments:

Laura said...

The kids and I have been down to our creek constantly lately--I could not agree with you more. I want creek mud, not slush mud, on my feet. :)

Laura said...

In answer to your question on my blog, we still have a mud pit--but at least for the last 2 weeks it has been a dry mud pit. The builder should be seeding soon. I hope. We planted rows of lilac bushes (cuttings from my parents) and they do indeed have buds, so yes we are seeing signs of spring. I say this in all sincerity, having lived for much of my adult life much further north, and not to rub it in, but GOSH it is nice to have spring start in mid-March! :)