Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Dual-Focus (aka Bi-Focal) Post

Focus #1:

It is Thursday night, and I do not work tomorrow. And, yes, Christopher and I actually have plans, since he also has tomorrow off.

Of course, with tomorrow off, this is the day when my seasonal sinus/allergy problems have decided to drain, causing throat ick and plugged ears and the whole bit. Isn't that fun? I started to notice it all at about 4 this afternoon. I'm hoping that it will play itself out now that I've taken sinus meds and ibuprofen. Wish me luck.

Focus #2:

I went in for an eye exam this morning. It's the first one I've had in about 18 months (maybe longer), and I'm happy to say that my eyes have only gotten a little worse. I've been contemplating the whole "New frames? Not new frames?" dilemma for the past few days. Originally I was assuming I would keep the frames I have. But, now that I found out that my insurance pays for exams, but does nothing for frames, I'm starting to look around at all of the back-to-school specials.

Even better, since my current glasses aren't that different from what my new ones will be, I could keep these, too, and have two functioning pair of glasses for the first time in years. What to do, what to do?

Oh. Yeah. And apparently this is my last chance to get really "fun" glasses. You see, the optometrist spent quite a while today explaining all about how distance vision and close-up vision are very different and change as we get older. Yep. In other words he was telling me that, in the very near future, I'll probably need bifocals.

If that's not a great excuse to get new frames, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

MizTiz said...

GET NEW FRAMES. my vision is awful and it is my dream to have two pair of working glasses.

hey...how do you do the label thingy? me wanna know.

xxxtizzy