Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Holy Cow. This Smells Amazing.

In my quest to focus on smaller moments in my blog posts, I give you this immediate moment in time:

It is 7:05 on Wednesday evening. I got home from work around 5:50, Christopher got home around 6:20. We had already decided last night that we would cook a pork tenderloin (which has been in the freezer for a while) for dinner. And Christopher was voted cook for the meal.

The last time I was in the kitchen all I could smell was freshly-chopped garlic and a little tarragon. And just a tiny hint of mustard.

About 25 minutes ago, Christopher came into the living room and turned on a CD (okay... maybe it's his iPod hooked into the stereo) of Gilbert Becaud (a favorite of my Aunt Marie in Montreal -- the same singer whose music we enjoyed while visiting her last summer).

Now, as I sit here, listening to the great music, there is the distinct sizzle of cooking in the kitchen. And the aroma... the most amazing aroma of pork and black pepper and olive oil and garlic roasting.

It's making my mouth water. I was a little hungry earlier, but now I can't wait until dinner.

Ah. I just heard Christopher sharpening a knife. Sounds like a dinner bell to me!

3 comments:

Laura said...

So are you gonna share the recipe or what? ;)

Christopher said...

Pork tenderloin, olive oil, garlic, rough cracked pepper, tarragon, green peppercorn mustard, cream, just a dash (or so) of cognac to deglaze, and some popovers on the side ('cause I know R. like them!). Now I'm full...

Robert said...

Oh. And it tasted great, too. Plus, Just before it was done, he surprised me with hot, fresh, from-scratch Popovers out of the oven.

After all that, I gladly did the dishes!