Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Glee"-ful, or at least Happier

I had started to write a couple of different things into this posting, but as I was sitting on the couch watching TV, I had to switch gears. Call me predictable, but I was watching the new Fox TV show Glee.

You've probably heard of Glee. It had it's premiere/pilot/teaser last spring, and then -- after a summer of huge hype -- joined the regular Wednesday night schedule a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly, I wasn't thrilled with the first two new episodes. They were good enough, and they had some strong song-and-dance numbers, but the heart that was in the episode last spring just wasn't there.

So I was watching tonight's episode completely distracted and distractable. I was enjoying the music, and thought it was fun, but wasn't really paying all that much attention. Then, almost out of the blue, there were a couple of moments toward the end that made it all worthwhile.

While the final song played, we watched a massive range of emotions go by on the screen. For the first time in these three episodes, I felt a twinge of emotion. And I thought "Wow. This might have a chance, yet."

I really hope so.

No comments: