Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Few Thoughts Short of a Blog Post

It is mid-Saturday, and although Christopher and I had an incredibly pleasant "night away" last night (we spent the night in a hotel and ordered in food -- I LOVE doing that. I'll tell you more about it, later), I'm feeling just a tad like we've already lost most of the four-day weekend we have at our disposal.

Among other things, I feel like I don't have anything interesting to talk about.

Luckily, I have the help of one of my good friends -- Christianne -- whose blog Tiz and Ass (which I read daily) is one of those listed along the left margin. Earlier today, she wrapped up a particularly enlightening post with the comment that the person in question was "A few ladyfingers short of a trifle."

I commented on that post, saying that I found that to be my favorite new "polite slam" comment, and she replied to my comment by throwing down the gauntlet, challenging me to come up with as many "foody" versions of that dig that I could.

With that in mind, I've been pondering for a little while, and have come up with:
  • Two sugars short of a latte.
  • One egg short of an omelette.
  • One banana shy of a split.
  • Trying to make s'mores without any marshmallows.
  • One slice short of a sandwich.
  • Three pepperoni short of a pizza. (I don't know why, but "three" sounds better, here, than "one."
  • One apple shy of a pie.
So... With those in mind... I hereby pass the challenge on to you. Put your suggestions into the comments, and in a few days (assuming some of you actually comment) I'll put them in another posting.

Remember to keep them food-related, and remember to keep them relatively polite (not necessarily nice, but terribly polite ;-). And, above all, promise to only use your powers for good.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Love the "slams". No time to be creative on my part, spent all day on Econ and Accounting homework!

beket said...

One of my favorite ways to say that (non-food way) is "he's got a hole in his marble bag." And I always use the phrase "not the brightest crayon in the box." But a food version? Hmmm, maybe -- a pancake short of a stack?