Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Flights - Of Fancy and Otherwise

Today has pretty much completely gotten away from me. I've been trying to do some editing tonight, but my computer is not happy with the file. So I've spent much of the past 2 hours waiting for things on my screen to move. Not fun.

On the other hand, yesterday Christopher and I spent much of the afternoon hanging out with a friend of ours (and her cats). We ordered in good pizza. We ate yummy homemade shortbread. We went through 3 bottles of wine in 6 hours. And we talked alot about travel.

You see, the first movie we watched was "In Bruges" -- a strange little movie that I thought was supposed to be a "dark comedy," but ended up mainly just being dark. Interesting movie, though, and we all ended the afternoon thinking that maybe Bruges would be an interesting place to visit. (B+ - There were a couple of throw-away storylines that it could have done without.)

Our second movie of the afternoon/evening was "Paris, je t'aime" which is an amazing little movie, made up of 14 short films all looking at Paris in their own ways. I've seen it multiple times (always with Christopher), and it's such an incredible look at Paris that each time I see it I can't wait to plan my next trip. (A+ - But I might be biased.)

And... Speaking of trip planning...

After talking about it for at least a month, Christopher and I have finally booked flights to New York City for a long weekend in October! Well... I'm taking a long weekend. Christopher is going to splurge and take a full week.

For the first time in a while (May, in fact), we've got a vacation to look forward to. It's amazing how that little change could make us both very happy at the end of a rather long day.

(Oh. And also speaking of travel... Have fun in Omaha this weekend, Libby! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks! :) And that's so great that you have the New York trip to look forward to! Which shows are you going to see??