Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bumblestick!

At work today, someone sent me a message stating:

"This day is (insert profanity)."

Me being me (as I find it's really always best to be in a a very Winnie-the-Pooh sort of way), I energetically responded:

"Oh. Fun! I've always loved 'Choose your own profanity' stories!"

And, in deference to that, I decided to make up my own profanity for that sentence. The word I chose was the past tense of the verb "bumblestick," as in

"This day is well and truly bumblesticked."

When I posed the "Choose your own profanity" option to friends of mine, I got some wildly interesting responses. Everything from the... umm... mundane (ie. "scrotum") to the ridiculous (ie. "bobbins ... [and] ... buttercheeks") and a bunch of things not only between but far beyond.

It seems that, when given the chance for them to be them (again, a very wise thing to be), they all came up with much better swear words than the standard few.

I tend to really like my friends. They're much less fluggerstangled than some people I know.

----

Okay. So... If you were going to choose your own profanity du jour, what would YOU choose?

No comments: