Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Travel Tuesday - Potholes

When I took my car in because I was getting a bit of a "shimmy" at high speeds, I was informed that my tires were not only unbalanced, but that I had at least one bent tire rim.

When I was telling my parents about my bent tire rim situation (it's going to cost me a few hundred dollars to have them replaced), my mother said "How do you bend a tire rim?" And I explained it frequently happens when you're driving over bumpy or hole-y streets. She told me she couldn't imagine the roads being that bad.

When my folks were in town last week, they told me that the streets in our area are worse than anything they've driven on in quite a while. And they had no doubt that the streets would explain the bent tire rim.

I really don't know that there's any point to this blog post. I don't have a great wrap-up for it. I just know that I've been driving around and flinching at every pothole, worrying that I might lose my car in one of them. And, yes, I try the "lift my foot off the floor to make sure I don't hit the pothole so hard" maneuver.

It almost makes me miss the snow. At least that filled the holes.

No comments: