Monday, March 21, 2011

No Movie Monday

I don't think I'll ever understand our two auxiliary cable boxes.

For no apparent reason, one or the other of them will "lose connection" and start flashing and/or flickering causing it to be impossible to actually watch TV. Instead, we get a nice notice on the screen saying "Your cable box seems to have lost its connection. Please call ... We apologize for the inconvenience."

I honestly think that this has happened to one or the other of them each week since Christopher and I got the new cable set-up last summer. Last time this happened it was the box in the basement. Now, in all honestly, we seldom use the TV in the basement. But, when I'm getting ready in the morning, I do like to be able to check out the weather and such. Which is hard to do if the TV is simply showing a black screen with white writing on it.

Today, however, it's the TV adapter box in the bedroom that was dead when I first saw it. So I unplugged it and replugged it (in basic "IT 101" style). Then it started to flash - which is what the one downstairs had been doing when I discovered it the last time.

I'm giving it a few hours to see if it will come back up before I waste my time calling the company.

I really wish I didn't enjoy TV so much, because I'm sure Christopher and I would save a decent amount of money if we dumped our cable and just upped our Netflix and such. But I really do prefer to watch the news (and the weather, and the cartoons, and almost anything) on TV, instead of on my computer.

Here's hoping we have TV come Tuesday. I don't think my blood pressure can handle having to call the company again.

1 comment:

Mother said...

Tell them to shape up or your Father will call them in his Lt. Schmidt voice.