Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thotful Thursday - Streetwise

For the most part, I drive the same path home every night. And, also for the most part, it's at the same time.

Mostly, that doesn't mean anything. After all, there are so many variables that you can't expect people or vehicles to be in the same place day after day.

Except that I've seen the same guy at least three times in the past two or three weeks. He's an older man with a walker, and he's been at the same corner - crossing the same direction - each time I've seen him.

It's a fairly busy street, and people mostly just drive past him and he stands off to the side waiting. But I've been lucky enough to see him in time to stop and let him cross. I don't think he's realized that it's been me doing that multiple times. And, for the most part that's perfectly fine. But it would be nice kind of have a "waving" relationship with him.

In the meantime, I'll just try to keep coming up to that corner in time to stop traffic and let him make his way across the street. Somehow that makes me feel like my drive home is more than just... well... a drive home.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Like this...hope you continue to have the right timing.