Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Travaux Tuesday

Driving back to the Cities, yesterday, I found one of the side products of the MN State Government shutdown.

Sure, I found out yesterday that I was going to have to try to find a way to get new license plate stickers for my car.

And, yes, I realized that I couldn't buy a lottery ticket while stopping at the gas station on the way home.

But what really bugged me was when I realized that all of the state-managed Rest Areas are closed. They've got big barricade barrels blocking the exit ramps, signs saying "Road Closed" and "Rest Rooms Closed."

I'm guessing that the fast food places along the route were very well patronized.

And all I can imagine is the families on huge long drives over the weekend having to say to their kids "Don't worry - South Dakota is only another 150 miles away, and I'm sure they have restrooms there."

No comments: