Sunday, February 5, 2012

Out of Practice

It is weekends like this that make me realize how out of practice I am for weekends like this.

Because of how much travelling Christopher has (and to a lesser extent I have) been doing - and that he's going to be doing - this was our only "available for scheduling" weekend in about 5 weeks. Since we had people we wanted to see, this meant that we scheduled a whole lot of events between Friday and today.

There was a time when this wouldn't have fazed me, and I'd have gone from one end of the weekend to the other without any problems. Unfortunately, the muscles that used to propel me through don't get that much exercise these days.

These days, I tend to think of a "busy weekend" as one where I have to run errands on Saturday, and the newpaper takes more than an hour to get through on Sunday. Which could explain why, after a wine and cheese night, an art show, a belated birthday dinner for Christopher (at a restaurant with 17 other people), a brunch, and a family dinner also for Christopher's birthday, I barely made it through the SuperBowl.

It also explains why I haven't blogged for the past couple of days. And why I'm about to head for bed even though it's not even 10 o'clock, yet.

Can't wait to head for work tomorrow and get some rest... and lots and lots of caffeine.

No comments: