Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mid-week Malaise

This has been one of those very strange weeks. Weeks when time seems to go oh-so-slowly for about 12 hours, and then fastaslightning for the other 12. Actually, more precisely, it seems to be alternating between those two about every 3 hours.

The past three workdays, I've thought, at about 1pm, "Gee, this day has been really busy, it's flying by" only to look at the clock two hours later to find it's actually only been 30 minutes.

At least I've known which day of the week it was all week. I haven't had any of those days when I get to work thinking "Great. It's already Thursday!" only to find that it's Monday or anything.

On the other hand, tonight when I'd been working for a while and thought it was about 10:30, it was only 9:30 (Hurrah! Extra time!). Then, when I sat down to write this at what I thought was about 10:30, I realized it's actually 11:30 at night. How did I lose not one, not two - but three - hours?

(See, I'm going for three because I started work around 8:30. And now it's 11:30. That's three hours. And, well, it also just looks so much more dramatic with both the comma AND the two dashes, doesn't it?)

Okay. Yes. I spent the past 30 minutes or so writing a cover letter. And the 30 minutes before that re-working my resume. And the hour or two prior to that working on other job-search-related items. But that doesn't explain where all of the time went.

Oh. Wait. Yes, it does. But, anyway, what was I talking about...?

It's been nice out. We've had some rain. Our tulips are blooming, as are our irises. The grass is green. The willow tree and lilac are leafing out. Spring is springing all over the place.

And I'm kind of afraid I'm going to miss it, at the rate my days have been going.

Yeah. That's where the malaise comes from. I knew I'd get to my point eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have days like that far too often.

Change of subject--I never know if I am a GOOGLE ACCOUNT, OPEN ID, URL or anonymous.


love, Mother