Tuesday, June 22, 2010

An A-Peeling Day

Yep. That's right. After two days of simply being baked and crispy from the sun on Saturday, today my forehead started peeling. I had almost gotten to the point where I thought I might end up with a bit of a tan on my face, but... well... that hope has gone right out the window.

On the other hand, the section of my chest which was incredibly deep red on Sunday night became rather painful, yesterday. By the evening, I was able to peg the hurt as being caused by the area where my collar bone (on my right side) poked just to the edge of my sunburn. That just happened to also be the point where my shirt collars kept rubbing on me throughout the day. So last night I went to bed with an ice pack on my chest.

Today, while my forehead started peeling, my chest simply started fading a bit. By the time I came home from work, it was just a little sore - not nearly as bad as yesterday.

Here's hoping that tomorrow will keep the trend toward wellness moving.

And the next time I mention that I'm going to be spending any time out doors, please remind me to use a ton of sunscreen - no matter what the weather.

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's hard to remember when you are having fun! A few weeks ago the kids and I went to Schlitterbahn in Texas - very awesome water park - and I was spraying us all down with 55 but we were all a little burned. At least we didn't peel! rest and fluids.