Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There Came The Sun!

Having not seen the sun since Monday of last week (the 7th of June), and with that being only the second day this month when we saw it, you can imagine my surprise when I walked outside after work, yesterday, and the sky was blue. I walked outside with one of my co-workers, and we honestly both stepped out the door, stopped, and looked up to marvel at the sky and the puffy white clouds.

Today, which was supposed to be the sunniest day of the week, started out foggy. Seriously foggy. When I was driving into downtown, some of the skyscrapers actually faded out in the fog. It wasn't until about mid-day when the sun came out in full force.

Of course, then it got muggy. But I won't go in to that. Although I am very happy that we have air conditioning on a thermostat and timer at home.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and sticky until the mid-afternoon, and then that weather pattern is supposed to be broken by thunderstorms in the late afternoon and evening. Rumor has it it will be sunny, again, on Friday and Saturday.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: