Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Whine.

Okay. It's going to be more of a rant.

I got home, yesterday, with my sinuses acting up and being all sinusy (complete with causing pain in my left ear and throat). Took some meds last night and slept fairly well, but still woke up with the same pain.

Muddled through the day at work, taking half doses of my sinus meds (so I wouldn't fall asleep at my desk), and really looking forward to getting home.

Got home around 6, and decided to test our phone. Have I mentioned our phone? We decided to switch our service over to the same company who does our cable and internet, since we got a really good deal on it all. Christopher did the first step in the process three Saturdays ago.

One week later, aka Two Saturdays ago (during the rugby tournament) Christopher stayed home so that the cable/phone/internet guy could come in and switch everything over. That's when we found out that it would be another five days while we had a "temporary" number ringing to our phone instead of our "real" number.

Five days passed, and we weren't switched back to the correct number. Yes, we could call out. But we didn't want to give out a random temporary new number for people to use, when we were supposed to be getting our old one back at virtually any moment. So we hadn't had a single phonecall in the five days.

That night (last Thursday), when the phone was still not working, we spent about an hour, total, on the phone with the new phone company, trying to figure out what was going on. They found the problem, verified everything, and said we'd be good to go in -- you guessed it -- another five business days.

That brings us to today.

I got home in my sinusy, cranky mood. To find that not only did we not yet have our old number back. We had no dial tone at all. Over the next 45 minutes or so, I burned cellphone minutes trying to get the phone switched back over.

I fully admit that I was not the most pleasant of customers. After the person who answered the phone basically "poo-pooed" me, I demanded a supervisor. I was equally as cranky with the supervisor. I do feel a little bad about that. But, come on, it has been almost three full weeks of trying to get this done, and we had originally been told it should be done in "three to five" days (about 14 days ago).

We seem to be back on (phone) line, now. So I'm going to ignore the work I should be doing, take a full dose of my sinus meds, and vegetate in front of the TV. I probably ought to spend the night on the phone to celebrate, but I really don't want to touch it at the moment.

No comments: