Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blogging at 11:30

Usually, I try to blog fairly early on in the evening. If not "early" in the evening, then possibly before the 10 o'clock news is over. (Remember, I live in the Midwest, where the main nightly news is at 10, not 11.) Sometimes - if my workload allows - I even try to blog during the workday.

Why do I try to blog as early as possible? Because, if I wait until 11:30 at night (or whatever time it is now) it takes me a lot longer to put a post together.

You see, at this point in the evening having - tonight at least - had a failed attempt at making an "interesting" dinner (I ate it, but I'm very glad no one was around to see it), followed by a couple of hours on the phone (catching up with family), and then 3 hours of work on some freelance stuff - my brain is probably too mushy to be allowed to be doing this.

It's not that I don't have any topics bouncing in my brain. On the contrary, I have way too many. Let's take a quick look at the various things jumbled in my brain:

There's something about watching people in the car behind you via your rearview mirror.

There's commentary on how our backyard garden is changing from pinks to oranges.

There's worry that the corn we planted may not make it to fruition.

There's a question about how short I should get my hair cut when I finally go in to cut it sometime in the next couple of weeks (for the first time in a couple of months).

There's a totally random ponderance about the font size on my screen.

And all of that is stacked on top of the fact that my typing skills seem to be out the window tonight, and I'm having to delete back over about 2/3 of what I type to correct my spelling, grammar, and overall "makes-sense-itive-ness." (Which, of course, leads to the question of whether I am, in fact, "typing" or whether I am "keyboarding" - the latter of which sounds like torture.)

Oh. And then, when I logged into my blog tonight, I found that new templates and designs are being offered. But I like my current design, and I'm not sure I want to change. But should I look at them, anyway?

So... Yeah... Possibly I should have just given tonight's posting a "Pass" considering how late it's gotten. But what would the fun in that have been?

***

And on a final even-more-random note for the evening, in response to a comment on yesterday's post: He's not a sled, he's a Basselope. (That makes perfect sense in my head. And, I suspect, in the head of at least one other person out there in the blogosphere...)

No comments: