Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ruck It

This being Thotful Thursday, I thought I'd just toss out a few quick things for us all to ponder. To whit:

What does "to whit" mean?

How can plants which just got rained on 2 hours earlier start to look wilted by the time I get home from work?

Why do the bunnies leave our plants alone for months, and then just when we let our guard down decide to eat all of the leaves off of them? And how can I stay mad at them when they're so danged cute?

How long does the average skin peeling last? And why does it peel at different rates?

How short should I get my hair cut this weekend?

How is it that just when you start to have a social life, that's when work gets busy?

Why does the kid across the street from us always decide to start shooting hoops at almost 10 at night? And why does he always have to dribble the ball, when all he's doing is practicing free throws?

Why is it called "dribbling"?

Why is rugby called rugby?

What the heck is a "ruck"? (I watched a lot of rugby last weekend and heard that word a lot, but I still have no idea what it is - although some of the play-on-words t-shirts were rather fun...)

And, with that thought in mind, I'm going to sign off. I'm feeling a bit wilted, so I'm going to say "ruck it" to getting any of my work done, peel off my shirt, and head for bed, hopefully without dribbling.

No comments: