Monday, January 24, 2011

Behind on Monday

There is no worse day in the week to feel like you're behind in things than Monday. Being behind on a Monday makes the rest of the week seem like it's simply going to be insurmountable.

It's even worse when you're not behind at work - which you can always brush off when you leave for the evening because, after all, it's work - but you're behind in your personal life.

I am having one of those "behind in your personal life" Mondays.

We have dishes piling in the sink (all, actually, from the past 3 hours). We have snow which simply doesn't want to move from the sidewalks (remember when the snowblower was in the shop? this stuff is packed down from that period - and with the temps we've had it hasn't gone away). I have 2 birthday cards which are going to be late, regardless of when I send them at this point (although I had every intention of sending them this past weekend).

I could try to do things tomorrow night or Wednesday, but I have plans to go to a movie tomorrow (and possibly another on Wednesday). Which means that my next full block of time to work on things will be Thursday.

And, although it's only a quarter past eight, I really want to just go to bed because, if truth be told, I also had one of those Mondays at work, today.

I suspect it's going to be a long week.

No comments: