Sunday, January 2, 2011

How Do You Say "2011"?

I have written my first check with "2011" in the date.

Yes. I still write checks.

But I haven't decided how I want to pronounce it, yet. And it's hard to write things when you can't pronounce them. (Or maybe that's just me and I need to blame a college linguistics class for that.)

So I was writing out the check and filling in the date and - in my head - I wrote "January two comma two thousand eleven" and then I stopped and mentally crossed that out and tried again with "January two comma twenty eleven."

"Two thousand eleven"

"Twenty eleven"

I finally just wrote "January two comma two zero one one."

Honestly, I'm just kind of glad it isn't 2010 any more.

Which, of course, was "Two thousand ten."

Or was it "Twenty ten"?

Suddenly I miss the 1900s.

No comments: