Monday, April 25, 2011

The Monday Hangover

No. Not from alcohol.

The Monday hangover this week has to do with Easter food. From some of the best ham I have had in my life (Fischer Farms... what more can I say?), to - yes - the bunny cake, it was an all-about-food day.

After dinner last night, the remains of the ham were cut and put into the fridge. The leftover potatoes and beans were put into the fridge, as well. And the candy was hidden in the hopes of an "out of sight, out of mind" situation. (That worked until I got up this morning...)

Although Hallowe'en is known for the candy, Easter is the holiday when all of the candy is... well... seasonal. After all, once the holiday is over, the Cadbury eggs and the Peeps and the Reester bunnies all go away. And we are all very sad.

Of course, this means that on the day of Easter, after trying to abstain all during Lent, the pigging out happens.

I have eaten more jelly beans in the past 48 hours than I have all last year. Some of them were on the bunny cake's bow tie. (In case you're wondering, the ears and the bowtie of the bunny are both gone. It's down to just the "face," now.) Many were straight out of the bowl.

I'm kind of looking forward to the next week of sugar-y bingeing. I'm also looking forward to it being done. After all, my pants need to still fit when this holiday is done.

No comments: