Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Travel Tuesday - The Countdown

Sure. Travel is great. But you know one of my favorite things?

Planning travel.

One month from today I will - for the first time in almost two years - be leaving the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area for more than a long weekend. I won't be going to visit my parents. I won't be going somewhere within the state of Minnesota. I will, in fact, not even be staying within the country.

Christopher and I are going to be going away for a full week. His sisters are helping us out with house-sitting and dog-sitting and, as a by-product, even bird-sitting. And we'll be on our way.

Which, of course, means that we have planning to do. We get to figure out where to stay. We get to make a list of places we want to see. We get to contemplate food to eat and sites to visit and all the things that come with travel.

So we've got tickets and now the fun begins. The research and the planning and the anticipation.

Yeah. As strange as it sounds, this may be one of my favorite kinds of Travel Tuesday.

No comments: