Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Food - Pizza and Pizza

I got to pick up Christopher after work, today (yes - that's a good thing - it means we get to talk on the way home which I really love), and we were talking about our days. As I was talking about my day, I mentioned that we had gotten a semi-surprise pizza lunch at work. It was from Black Sheep Pizza, which I've talked about on here, before.

Over time, I've come to not just like, but *really* like Black Sheep. I kind of crave it from time to time. It's thin and crispy and just oh-so-good. And, at lunch today, we even had my favorite kind of theirs - chicken with pickled peppers. I was very happy.

At the same time, though, while we were driving home, we were discussing whether or not we would go out tonight. You see, we had plans which were made a while ago. Neither one of us is a huge fan of Friday night plans, though, because we both feel pooped on Friday nights.

When I asked Christopher whether he wanted to go out, he said "Well, you've already ruled out my other suggestion, though." It seems his fallback suggestion was for us to stay home and order pizza. But since I had had pizza for lunch, he figured I wouldn't want it again.

Here's the thing, though. There's pizza, and then there's pizza. Black Sheep, with its coal-fired oven and fancy toppings and very little cheese, is incredible, but it's also kind of fancy and best for lunch. Our favorite local good bad pizza is from Lake Harriet Pizza. And it is bad and good in all the right ways. It's a thin-crust pizza, but it's smothered in sauce and cheese. So much cheese, in fact, that the square slices tend to "re-attach" during delivery and you have to cut it apart with a knife.

We almost always get straight-up pepperoni from them. No fancy toppings. Just good old pizza. And I would never want to have it for lunch, because it would put me into a food coma for the rest of the day.

After we got home, it started to rain. And we decided that since we hadn't done any monetary outlay for our original plans - and since no one was involved but us - we were going to be in for the evening. So we ordered from Lake Harriet Pizza, and watched some recorded TV.

You know, there's pizza and then there's pizza. And, today, I'm very happy to have had both.

No comments: