Friday, May 13, 2011

Continuing...

I wasn't able to blog last night because Blogger was "read-only" for a time. Which means that some of the things I wanted to say completely went out of my brain, but some of them stuck around. Why don't we see what's there?

1) Yesterday was my parents' 55th wedding anniversary. (Everyone say "hi" to my folks!) Which is kind of cool. They celebrated by taking themselves out to lunch and a movie on Wednesday, then simply spending the day at home, yesterday. I kinda love that that's how they celebrated - low key, just for them.

2) Our yard has started to look spring-y. The tulips are blooming. The irises have started bursting open - enough so that I brought some in tonight. (Yes, Mom, we're using the frog.) I even fertilized the yard tonight since it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

3) In a nod to Friday Food, Christopher and I went out with cousin-friends to dinner last night. We ate at the Uptown Cafeteria. The food was fine, the waitress was incredible. We had a really good time, as we always do when the four of us get together. That's a good feeling.

4) On Tuesday, we had our first tornado warning of the year, complete with 2.5" hail. I was recording "Glee" at the time, and I figured that I probably missed the final 15 minutes of it due to the weather updates breaking in. When I went to watch it, I was surprised that they - the local Fox affiliate - didn't break in. I kept watching and watching, thinking we were about to see - finally - two of the guys dance together at their prom. THAT is when the weather bulletin broke in. I know that they said that it was because the weather was urgent, but I have to admit that I'm leery of that - after all, other networks had broken in MUCH earlier, and some waited until just as their shows' credits started to run. Breaking in at 7:58, just as Kurt was confronting the bully (and apparently danced with Blaine - although I didn't see that), seems a bit suspect. After all, it was FoxTV...

5) I made it through the work week. Some weeks that is worth mentioning.

6) Christopher and I have all of our reservations made for our trip to Montreal at the end of the month. REALLY looking forward to time away, and now that we have a dog-sitter lined up, it's even better.

And, well, that's about it for tonight.

Sorry I missed you last night. I'll be semi-sequestered all day tomorrow working on some editing, so it might be Sunday before I get back. (Wish me luck.)

No comments: