Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Food - The Garden

While we're in Montreal, we've got someone house- and dog-sitting for us. Mostly, she's helping us out with the pooch, but I've asked her to take a pass at watering some of the garden from time to time.

I'm desperately hoping that everything that I put in the ground about 2 weeks ago - and which got massively rained on last weekend - makes it.

I'm especially worried about my tomatoes, beans, peppers, and herbs. As you may remember, last year I had one tomato plant which produced one single tomato. Granted, it was the best BLT I've had in ages, but it was kind of sad to just have one tomato. (For a refresher about that, go here.)

This year, I have 5 tomato plants, which are supposed to be producing a rainbow of colors. But, on Tuesday before we left, I looked and saw that 2 of them looked a little sad. The other 3 looked great. But... without a little help while we're gone, I'm a little nervous.

And I won't even go into any discussion of the zinnias...

No comments: