Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday... Planning...

Tomorrow night I will be attending the Friends School of Minnesota's Plant Sale Pre-sale. It's an event only open to those people who volunteer to work at the actual Plant Sale - which is the major yearly fundraiser for the school.

A couple (maybe three?) years ago, I found out about this and how much people love to go to the Pre-sale, and so I volunteered so that I could give Christopher's mom the pass to go shop at the Pre-sale. (One of the main perks of the Pre-sale is that you're able to shop for all the things that might sell out. One of the drawbacks is that the place is packed, and only people with a pass are allowed in - which means that you don't get to have anyone there to help haul.)

This year, I found out that Christopher's mom - who shops for rather a lot of plants - finds the Pre-sale kind of a bother because of the crowds and the crush and the fact that people kept sending long lists with her. But I had already made up my mind to volunteer this year, so that meant I already had the Pre-sale pass. And so I decided it was time to dive in and see what happens.

I've been making my list (and checking it twice) for the past few days. I've been adding plants to it and taking plants off of it and multiplying them and debating what I can and can't carry. And what I do and don't want to plant in the next week or so.

Of course, no matter how much planning I do, it could all change when I'm in the heat of the moment tomorrow running around and picking up plants and putting them in my shopping cart.

I'm kind of looking forward to finding out what I bring home tomorrow night.

No comments: