Sunday, May 1, 2011

Maybe I'm Coming Down With Something

I'm torn between two feelings this evening.

On the one hand, I think I'm probably just tired and not looking forward to the coming work week. I mean... we all know how much I love the work week, right? But this week I've also got something happening almost every night through NEXT Sunday - thinking about which makes me a little "pre-exhausted." And I kind of think that Christopher and I may have gotten mild food poisoning on Friday night because we both felt pretty awful on Saturday (and even missed a concert which we had tickets for). But we recovered pretty well and had friends over for brunch today and had a relaxing afternoon and so I ought to be feeling fine. Except for that whole "Damn. It's Sunday night, already" feeling, obviously.

On the other hand, it was freakin' cold out, today. Our high was somewhere around 39 degrees. On the first of May. When it's supposed to be in the mid-60s. When I took the dog out for a walk this morning, I had the feeling we were walking up along the North Shore in October, instead of in Minneapolis in May. It was chilly and kind of damp and the wind was howling - and although I knew it was chilly out, I was *so* not dressed for that kind of cold. When I took her out this afternoon, I bundled up in a heavier coat and a scarf and - yet - I think I might have caught a chill this morning which it was too late to stave off this afternoon.

So, here it is, bedtime on Sunday night, and I'm stuck between two thoughts: Maybe I'm coming down with something or maybe I'm just feeling very psychosomatically icky.

I should probably take some extra Vitamin C before bed, just in case. After all, even though I'm not thrilled with the work week, the "life week" needs to be prepared for.

No comments: