Friday, August 26, 2011

Brain-Fry-Day

Alright. It's Friday. It's 3:34pm. I've got 1h26m left of my workweek. And I have absolutely ZERO desire to do any more work.

It's been one of those weeks. Before the work changes which have come up (which I'm still not really talking about), I was assigned a rather massive freelance edit from work. Normally not a problem, and a nice thing to add some extra cash to the wallet. But, when the work changes go into effect in the immediate future, I'll be unable to get paid the extra cash for stuff like that. Which means that I had to finish said edit before Thursday just to be safe.

It wasn't bad when I thought the edit only had 186 pages (not entirely sure where I got that number), but it became worse when I found out it was closer to 400 pages.

Oh. And one other group I freelance for sent me that piece which I figured would take 2 or 3 hours which actually took 8 hours - and much of last weekend.

So I kind of had to crank out that big edit in my evenings this week.

And then there's the whole idea of trying to train a new hire at work this week. Thankfully, only part-time yesterday and today, but - still - trying to do my own job AND train someone else to do basically the same thing... kind of hurt my head. I've been having to do enough work to stay caught up, while also NOT doing work so that I could make sure that there were things I could use for training. (So far, the training is going well - although my inbox is a bit ragged.)

Which leads me to the next however long I'm here. Trying to maintain my inbox. Trying to stay awake. Trying to remind myself that leaving work more than an hour early would probably be a bad thing... (Right?)

No comments: