Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday Quickies

A few quick things, since I'm soon to head for bed, but I don't want to leave another day with a blank screen:

- I found out today that the person who keeps me sane at work will be leaving the company later this month. I suspect it will be a bumpy ride - personally and professionally - for a while.

- I'm kind of freaked out by all that is going on in the world at the moment. Riots all over England. Monetary weirdness. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

- I don't understand how our TiVo decides what things it wants to advertise when we press Pause. How is a luxury car tag connected to an ad for the Minneapolis Institute of Arts in the background?

- Gorgeous weather, here, today. So of course I have a major sinus headache.

- Want to know why I'm firmly against the people who think that the Defense of Marriage Act is a good thing? Check out this link and tell me how what the government is doing in the name of that act is good.

- I did a bunch of weeding in the front planting beds (which are currently mostly devoid of plants), this past weekend. My legs are still killing me.

And, well, that gets you caught up on what's in my mind, lately. At least the short version. I'll try to give you the longer version, soon.

No comments: