Saturday, August 20, 2011

No. I'm Not Dead.

Once again, I find myself looking at my blog and thinking "Whoa. How'd I miss another day?" Here's how I did it this week:

On Tuesday, I blogged.

On Wednesday, after a massive couple of days at work (not longer-than-usual hours, just a lot more stuff filling the hours), I came home and collapsed. I thought "Gee, I could do a blog post about something" but couldn't come up with the "something." Instead, I decided to leave it to Thursday.

On Thursday, Christopher was out to dinner with a friend of his, and I needed to do a quick edit. A "quick" edit that I started at 7pm and quit working on at about 11:30pm. And I was nowhere near done. Not even remotely. In the middle of it, I sent an email to the person who sent it to me and asked for some clarification. Then, at 11:30, I sent an email saying (in essence) "This is a lot worse than I had ever expected, and won't be done until the weekend." Luckily, that was for a client I've worked with many times before, and I'm usually really good with their deadlines (they often give me things at 3 in the afternoon and say "We're really in a rush, could we have this by tomorrow?" - and they do), but this time around there was just no way they could have it before the end of the week.

On Friday (last night), Christopher and I made a semi-home-made pizza (we bought a pre-made crust but put Christopher's amazing red sauce on it before we topped it), and watched some TV. His back was bothering him, so he opted to head to bed early - and I decided that sounded like a good idea. I didn't even turn my computer on all evening.

Which leads us to today. Let's see... I sprayed the yard with weed/feed stuff early in the morning, then started a load of laundry to clean the clothing I got weed/feed stuff all over. Then I went out and tackled a return at IKEA (which took 40 minutes - about 35 minutes longer than I had expected), ran an errand at the Mall of America, and capped my errands with a trip to SuperTarget. All of which were packed with Back-to-School shoppers.

I spent the afternoon (as in 5 hours of it) finishing that edit from the other night and doing one actually-quick one as well.

Now, thankfully, it's time to get myself put together and go to a wine and cheese night complete with a "cake tasting" for someone's birthday. Here's hoping I stay awake at least long enough to get to the cake.

No comments: