Thursday, March 8, 2012

Things That Go Bump

It's strange how some noises, though not exactly normal, are easier to accept and understand than others.

While we were having dinner tonight, there was a loud thump near the front door. We'd had a pizza delivered, and so we know that it wasn't the pizza guy because we were already eating.

I was sure I had latched the storm door, so it wasn't that. Which, considering how strong the wind seemed, was a good thing - otherwise it probably would have ripped the door off its hinges.

It finally hit me (after probably about 3 seconds of all of these ideas whipping through my brain) that the noise was our mailbox getting bounced around. It was, after all, that same noise that we hear when the mail gets delivered.

It's strange, though, how after the sun goes down noises seem to sound different. Even so, and even without looking, I'm pretty sure it wasn't either a Girl Scout delivering cookies or a Yeti ripping the house numbers off.

If it was, though, I would really prefer mysteriously left behind Peanut Butter Tagalongs over the number-stealing Yeti situation.

No comments: