Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Best Laid Thursday...

This has certainly been a day of things "oft going awry."

1) I was all set to make a batch of cookies today, and then realized that it had to chill for at least a couple of hours before shaping and baking. I set it aside, but by the time it was ready, I wasn't in the mood to be festive with the dough.

2) Since I wasn't feeling festive enough for decorated Christmas cookies, I decided to move on to the wrapping of some gifts. But as I reached into the box shipped from a certain online store (which shall remain nameless until at least after the 25th), I found that one of the items I had been shipped was completely and totally wrong. I mean, it was the right type of thing--for our secretive pre-holiday purposes, we'll say it was a sweater--but instead of being a naturally-colored nubbly fisherman's sweater in an Extra Large, it was a hot pink cashmere with a v-neck and three-quarter sleeves in a size zero. (Yes. I'm heading out into the December chill to look into an in-store exchange tomorrow. Wish me luck.)

3) Christopher and I were planning to meet up with an old friend of his for dinner tonight, and then go out to hear some friends of ours perform in their Country Western yodelling band Rope Trick this evening. But the after-dinner conversations just kept going, and the next thing we knew it was 11:30 and we were all yawning--definitely not in the right state of mind for heading out to a bar for a few drinks and some yodelling. 

Now it's almost midnight, and I'm only barely going to get this post in under the wire to say it was done on Thursday. Or at least I hope I am. The way the day has been going, it probably won't show up until Saturday...

No comments: