Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Sickday

I'm frustrated to say that we seem to have caught colds, here in Minnesota. Christopher has been fighting off something for a while, and as of the beginning of last week I started a gradual downhill slide, too. Yesterday we both kind of looked at each other and shrugged, realizing the inevitable was due to arrive. 

Thus, it was no surprise to either of us that we spent all of today in our pajamas, leaving the couch only long enough to find some sustenance and do a little laundry. 

On a better note, we played host to my parents again last night. They were back in town after flying out to LA for Christmas, and since their flight didn't get in until after dark, yesterday, they stayed over and drove home today. Seeing them before and after their time in LA was a great way to kind of book-end the Christmas festivities with their visits. I hadn't expected it, but it was actually a little strange to look outside today and not see their car sitting on the street...

So now that Christmas is pretty much officially over, Christopher and I just have to figure out how to get up enough energy to stay up until midnight on Wednesday night. Oh. Heck. Who am I kidding? I'm just hoping to work my stamina up to being able to stay awake until 9:30 by then.

No comments: