Saturday, December 6, 2008

First Christmas Card!

I have my cards. I have my letter written and photocopied. I have my stamps. And, since I moved this year, I had every good intention of sending out my cards early to be sure that I had given out the correct new address to all of my friends. 

Unfortunately, as with my cookie baking, I'm also running behind on my card mailing. I was going to write some today, but after shovelling snow this morning, I just wasn't feeling up to it. I was hoping that a nap would get me into the spirit, but even after a nap and a shower I still didn't feel up to the task of being seasonally cheerful. 

Tomorrow we're planning to put up the Christmas tree, watch a Christmas movie or two, and maybe do some more baking. I'm hoping that by the time we're done with all of that I might have a little more energy which I can put toward the cards.

Of course, in the meantime, we got our first card in the mail today. It came from some great friends, and I think it will definitely spur me on tomorrow. At least it will if I don't have to shovel...

No comments: