Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sorry... I Was Watching the Inauguration

I fully admit that, although I was within arms' reach of my computer for most of yesterday, I had not thoughts at all of writing a post. Instead I spent most of yesterday's daylight hours watching the inaugural activities on TV. 

You've all seen as much coverage as you want by now, I'm sure, so I won't go into much of it here. But there are a few things I wanted to mention...

1) I loved that we once again had an Inaugural Poem. I'm hoping to get my hands on it and read it on my own sometime soon.

2) I was thrilled by the amount of music included, and how important it was. Although I'm afraid of how overplayed "At Last" is going to be in the next few months.

3) I think it's amazing that there were no reported arrests related to the inauguration--even though there were close to 2 million people there. I think it's even more amazing considering there was only one porta-potty for every 400 people.

I'm also very glad that by the evening many of the channels on my TV were no longer doing coverage. Even I was over the pomp and circumstance by then and looking forward to seeing what happens next. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apparently, as Jon Stewart pointed out on the Daily Show, Elizabeth Alexander was the signal for the 2 million people to leave the Washington Mall. (And Marisa said it cleared her conference room at work too.) ;-)

I love your insight on the porta-potty ratio!