Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thotful Thursday

Yes, for those of you paying close attention, the title is in reference to Winnie the Pooh and his "Thotful Spot." And I have been finding myself in rather thotful moods this week. 

Maybe it's because we're close to having an entire January without hitting 32 degrees--which apparently has not happened since sometime in the 1970s. A few times this month we've been teased with the possibility of a January thaw (I mean... it was warm enough for me to get my car washed and not have it freeze shut), but today I honestly couldn't get warm. I really need a warm day. 

Or maybe it's because my hair has gotten longer, and I'm debating whether I should cut it short again or let it continue to grow out. I mean, not as long as it was back in my college days (it was the late 80s, so it was really long), but longer than the short slightly-spiky thing I've been doing lately.

Or maybe I'm feeling thotful because I've been gradually reconnecting with a bunch of college friends, lately, and realizing that my life isn't exactly what I thought it would be 20 years out of college. Not that I had any idea what my life was going to be, but even so, that's kind of out there. You see people doing exactly what they said they wanted to do and it's both exciting and humbling. (Well, and a little annoying, too, but you can't admit that, right?)

Or maybe my thotful times are simply being caused by the fact that I was listening to an old Muppet Show record (yes--the vinyl 33 1/3 rpm kind) last week and Rowlf the dog was singing "Cottleston Pie" which is a song which Winnie the Pooh sings when his brain is feeling fluffy. My brain seems to have been feeling oddly fluffier than usual, lately, too.

Here's hoping warmer weather, a good hair day, and a good reconnection or two will soon cause some of that fluff to settle. If not, you'll probably find me downstairs listening to more Muppets... Either way, I guess it's not so bad.

No comments: