Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm SO Not Ready

Today, while Christopher and I were out doing some shopping, I heard my first blast of Christmas tunes coming through the store sound system.

The grocery store close to us put up Christmas decorations a couple of weeks ago. And the Target close to us put up snowflakes all over their windows a week or so ago. And, yes, the store we were in had all sorts of Christmas decor at the front of the store.

I should have expected the Christmas music. After all, there was a small kid walking in in front of us with his parents and as we entered the store he said "Why do they have Christmas up? Why don't they have Thanksgiving?" And... man... I am right there with him.

I used to work at Williams-Sonoma, and although it was HELL changing over the store from Thanksgiving decor to Christmas after we closed on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, it was also really nice to work somewhere that did one holiday at a time. (And, you know, it was also more exciting setting up for Christmas on Thanksgiving Eve than it was tearing it all down on Christmas Eve...)

But back to today...

I haven't started my Christmas shopping, yet. I haven't even started shopping for my Christmas baking, yet, or bought Christmas cards.

Yeah. I'm just not ready. And part of me is okay with that.

No comments: