Sunday, November 8, 2009

Snow Day

Today feels like a snow day. Which is rather odd, considering that it's supposed to get to around 60 degrees and all.

Unfortunately, it doesn't feel like one of those fun "don't have to do any work because it's snowing out" days. It feels like one of those grey winter days when the sky is oppressive and you just wish that it would snow so that the world could lighten up a little.

Each time I see - in my peripheral vision - a leaf fall past the window, part of my brain gets all excited and says "Look! The first snowflake!" Yeah. Not so much.

** Leafy Sidenote ** I went out and raked the backyard, yesterday. The leaves were pretty dry, so although the whole yard was covered, I was able to compact them into 3 bags. I was just finishing up as this HUGE yellow and green maple leaf slowly drifted down to land on the ground just out of rake's-reach. I fully admit that I looked at the leaf, looked at the tree, and said to both of them "That's just rude." Then I turned my back on both of them and finished up. ** End Leafy Sidenote **

Perhaps, on this not-as-sunny-and-warm-as-yesterday day, if I get myself moving and go out and run errands (I need to get my car's oil changed since I've got a couple of long drives coming up in the next three weeks), I'll feel better about the day and the weather.

Or perhaps we'll have the first 60-degree snow I've ever seen.

I'd be okay with either one.

No comments: