Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's With Wednesday?

There seem to be a lot of people commenting on the fact that today is Wednesday. I've had multiple emails today mentioning it. And -- not surprising -- most people are asking how it can be "only" Wednesday.

I really wonder what it is that is making this week seem so strained and so long. I realize that, for me, I was out of town last weekend and didn't get home until Sunday afternoon, so when I started Monday I wasn't as rested as I might have been. But I'm not the only one commenting on this. Friends of mine who didn't do anything major last weekend are having the same problems.

I wonder if it has something to do with adjusting to the rapidly-changing amounts of light we're getting. Or the imminent impact of the Holiday season. Or maybe everyone has been staying up to see the Leonid meteor shower and not getting enough sleep.

Whatever it is, I hope the rest of the week somehow evens out. So that people in need of a long week get the time to do what they want and people in need of a short week get to the weekend soon.

No comments: