Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Morning

Okay. I know it's a little cliche, but I thought I'd toss out a few things I'm thankful for today. (Oh. By the way... I did post late last night, as well, so be sure to check out that posting, too. )

So, in no particular order, here are a few things I'm thankful for:

* Great friends (some of whom are even family members!) with whom I share my life -- whether near or far

* Sesame Street (I never said these would all be serious things.)

* Christmas music (but not until tomorrow)

* Having a job (I may gripe a lot about it, but it does pay most of the bills -- and I get to wear jeans)

* Real physical mail (I *love* getting things in my mailbox. Email is fine, but real mail is wonderful)

* Food that appears at the door (room service is grand, but I'm equally happy for a delivery pizza or Chinese food)

* Decent eyesight and teeth (thanks to the medical folks) and good hearing (thanks to the genetics)

* Clean dishes in the sink

* Flowers and Flour (one for the heck of it, one for the fact that baking helps me de-stress)

* Good movies, good music, good TV shows, good books, and the ability to find and enjoy those things

* A partner who (mostly) understands me, and stays with me, anyway

And, that's my not-overly-thought-out list for today. I hope you're all enjoying a thankful day, as well.

No comments: