Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Random Randomness

I honestly have no idea what to write in here tonight. So, now that you're forewarned, here we go...

Christopher and I just got home from dinner with some friends at a new fish and chips place in Northeast Minneapolis. It's a place called Anchor Fish & Chips, and it was perfectly fine. Just not amazing. On the other hand, it was PACKED, which may have been part of why it was only fine. But, of course, we don't go out to dinner just for the food. We go for the company. And we had a really good time hanging out and enjoying time together.

Also on my mind tonight is something that happened at work, yesterday. One of my coworkers got a traumatic phonecall about an illness in her family. After she left, another coworker said to me "[the boss] isn't going to be happy that she left." I couldn't think of anything to say, so I simply said "He'll have to deal." I couldn't believe the callousness of that statement. So far, I haven't seen our boss saying anything negative about it all. But I have to say that I just can't imagine worrying about the boss's feelings while watching a coworker leave in tears. It's been over 24 hours, and I'm still bothered by that.

In lighter news, the weather is supposed to take a huge turn for the better starting tomorrow. By this weekend we're supposed to have sunny weather and 60-degree temps. I'm really hoping that, with the change in weather systems, my sinus/jaw weirdness will let up. But, even if it doesn't, I'm seriously ready to enjoy the weather!

And... well... there's what's in my mind at the moment. Wish me luck making it through the rest of the week.

No comments: