Friday, March 12, 2010

Basement Sequestration

I am currently sequestered in the basement. Officially, I am down here to work on some editing that I need to be done with post haste. You can tell how well that's going.

On the other hand, I'm greatly enjoying listening to CDs, which I never think to take upstairs and listen to. (I suspect the grammar in that sentence is way off, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it -- and, no, I'm not worried about moving the preposition from the end of the sentence.) Currently playing is the most recent Broadway revival of "Company" (the one with Raul Esparza playing Bobby). I've also got "In the Heights" and "A New Brain" in the CD changer. Upstairs, Christopher is watching something from Netflix, I think.

I should admit that, although I have a very nice desk in the corner of the basement (we set it up specifically so I'd have somewhere private to do work), I'm currently sprawled on the couch with my feet up on the trunk which serves as a coffee table. I always think that a desk is exactly what I need to get my work done. Perhaps if I wasn't currently using it to store all of my paperwork, it would be a little easier to use.

My goal (but don't tell Christopher) is to find a weekend with some downtime this spring and purge a whole lot of stuff from down here. The reason we don't want to tell Christopher is that I fear he'll get his hopes way up, and then I won't purge quite as much as either of us wants. But, if I do it right, when the rest of the house is warming up as the days get longer, I'll be able to sit at my desk in the cool confines and get something done.

Which reminds me. I'm supposed to be getting something done now, too. Yeah. I guess I should do that.

Right after this song.

No comments: