Sunday, March 7, 2010

Giving It Up

No, for better or worse, I'm not giving up on my blog. And, although I always try to do something for Lent, I'm not going to talk to you about what I've done for that this year.

What I am going to do is borrow liberally from the Tiz and Ass blog, and "give up" fifteen (possibly new and interesting, possibly old and boring) things about myself. Now, Tiz actually started hers as a "Twelve Days of Christmas" event, and has gotten up to about 34 (or so) days at this point. But, since I'm starting out, I figure I'll kind of shoot in the middle and go for fifteen. So, I give you the following fifteen tidbits about my life:

1) I love watching "The Amazing Race." (I'm watching it right now as I type this.)

2) I would never want to be on "The Amazing Race."

3) I have not seen the movie Avatar.

4) Although I kind of feel like I should, I don't really want to see the movie Avatar.

5) I will turn 43 this summer.

6) In my mind, the age I most frequently think I am is 26. I don't know why that is.

7) When people ask me my age, I usually have to think about it - not to be funny or to pull compliments, but simply because I don't usually remember right away.

8) I lived in Paris for 9 months between college and grad school, teaching "American English" in a high school.

9) If I had a way to cover my expenses in the States, I would love to go back to Europe for an extended stay.

10) I have a large collection of musical cast albums (both Broadway and off-Broadway).

11) If, for some strange reason, anyone ever offers to make a movie of my life, I will probably ask them to make it into a Broadway musical, instead.

12) Christopher doesn't share my love for musicals, but I love him anyway.

13) I also enjoy watching football, which apparently confuses a lot of people.

14) Some days I really don't know what to do with my hair.

15) I like my goatee, but I'm not thrilled at how much of it has gone white.

And... wow... There are 15 factoids about my life.

I have to admit that it got harder as I went along. And, as soon as I wrote number 15, I suddenly had a bunch more come to mind. So... Hmmm... Perhaps there will be future installments of this. After all, to stop would be giving up, right?

1 comment:

MizTiz said...

#1 Don't see Avatar.
#2 You will find this very satisfying.
#3 Yay you!

TiZ