Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is It Time, Yet?

I am happy to say that I got through all of the clock changing last night without forgetting any of them. (Well, except for the one in my car which surprised me a little when I ran out for milk this morning, but it's better to have that happen today, instead of on the way to work tomorrow.) And, yeah, it was important that we got up on time today, because we had a cable repairman coming at 8am.

Did you know that the cable guys now come out to do work on Sundays? It was news to me. Good news, mind you, but news.

You see, after yet another mind-blowingly-long hold time with the Bombast folks, yesterday, I finally got through to a representative who said, in essence "All the stuff everyone has done each time you've called since January did the wrong thing, and so we need to send out someone."

So, today, we celebrated the time change by welcoming the cable guy, who spent almost two hours stringing new cable from the street, down the alley, and across the yard to the house. After the number of calls we've made, we found out today that the problem was in the wires - but not exactly how the phone reps thought it was.

Although they kept saying that the wires were probably stressed by the weather, it turns out that ours were actually "chewed on" and had probably had some water damage as a result. Now, though, we have brand new wires carrying a whole bunch of channels we haven't seen without pixelation in quite a while.

Of course, as I sat inside and watched the progress in the backyard, I kept looking at the yard and thinking that it wouldn't be long before we could start clearing out the flower beds for the new season. Unfortunately, that's advised against by most experts for about another three weeks.

*sigh*

It's probably a good thing that I've got the "new" cable to distract me for a while.

No comments: