Monday, March 15, 2010

Botox and Dye, Oh My! (A John Barrowman Update)

So as not to incur the wrath of the one or two people who read my last John Barrowman update and complained that it wasn't "news" because it wasn't current enough, I am hereby letting you all know that the piece of information I'm about to blather on about is probably not, technically, new.

You see, I was sent the link that the info came from last week Thursday (on John Barrowman's 43rd birthday). And the article was posted online the day before that. However, that said, it was news to me, and I'd suspect it will be news to some of you, as well.

(This is the picture that accompanies the article. It looks like
Barrowman is none-too-happy to have everyone fixating on his dye job...)


Some background...

I always look at the celebrity birthday listings to see who is "my age." I figure that I can look at the people and figure that maybe I'm not doing so bad if that's what people of my age look like. For instance (with a little help from the interwebs), I know that... Courtney Thorne-Smith, David Conrad, Joely Fisher, Keith Urban, Lauren Graham, Mia Sara, Phil Koeghan, Rufus Sewell, and Tim McGraw were all born in 1967. (Okay. I admit that, although I knew about Courtney Thorne-Smith, Lauren Graham, and Rufus Sewell all being "my age" I didn't know for sure about the rest until tonight.)

Of course, the key to this is to not look at the celebrities and think "Wow. They look so good and I don't." The key, instead, is to look at them and think "If they all look that good at my age, then I can look that good, too." Sure, it doesn't work unless you have a little bit of a suspension of disbelief, but I'm good at that. (And, if you can find one or two people in the list who actually look older than the pack, you can always just point that out if someone says anything.)

So, when I found out a while ago that John Barrowman was not only my age, but 2.5 months OLDER than me, I figured I was doing really well. After all, he's doing pretty darned well for himself these days. He's a sex symbol. He's got singing and acting careers and a huge fan base. He's even, apparently, got a great personality to go along with the good looks.

So I admit that I was a little surprised, last week, when I found out that part of the reason I have more greying at my temples than he does is that Barrowman has been dying his hair for a few years. And those boyish good looks? It seems that he has had the occasional Botox injections around his eyes to decrease wrinkles.

Hmmm... I guess the creasing at the center of my forehead isn't so bad, when you consider that.

(And don't worry, even without the hair dye and the Botox, I suspect I'd still be posting about him.)

**If you want to see the article from which I got the information, it's here.**

No comments: