Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back to Reality

I came to the realization, earlier today, that one of the not-so-bad things about being mostly unemployed was not having to deal with the Sunday evening dread that so many people experience. Although I never completely lost the feel for the flow of the week (Saturdays consistently felt different than, say, Tuesdays), I definitely got out of the habit of worrying about the start of the work-week.

Of course, last week doesn't count. On Sunday of last weekend, I was all geared up for starting my new job, so I was excited and not dreading it. 

This week, although definitely not dreading going to work (I haven't been there long enough to dread it. In fact, I rather like it so far), I've got that "It's the end of the weekend" feeling going on. And I must admit that I'm not really enjoying it. 

At least it was a very good weekend -- and Christopher and I each did have 3 days of it to enjoy. Even so, I know that having the alarm go off in the morning is going to be weird. Not necessarily bad, mind you, just... well... weird. 

No comments: