Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mid-week Mush-up

Wednesday night and I'm in a kind of strange place. Let's see...

1) My back is continuing to react after spending so much time on the ladder last week. Oddly enough, as my upper back relaxed and got back to normal, Monday morning my lower back decided to seize up. (My father laughed at me when I told him about my sore back. His response to my concerns as to why my back hurt was "You spent multiple days on a ladder. What do you expect?") So I was pleasantly sitting at my desk and when I tried to stand up out of my chair I almost couldn't straighten up. It's been getting better on a daily basis, but after spending a couple of hours standing in the kitchen baking this evening, sitting down was a very good idea.

2) I'm absolutely thrilled to say that we have a tulip which is about to open. We've also got a bunch of others which are showing buds. They're not the first ones in the neighborhood to bloom, but they're our first of the year and they make me happy. On the other hand, with the weekend's rain, all of the trees have started to leaf out. They're pretty, but they're causing my sinuses to start acting up. Tonight I finally gave up and took my allergy med's to try to get my eyes to stop itching. 

And we all know what 1 + 2 equals...

3) Putting those two things together, this afternoon while I was at work, sitting calmly at my desk, I sneezed. No big deal. It's not "THE" flu, it's just allergies. But a sneeze, when you have an aching back... well... let's just say that the first word that came to mind after "Excuse me" was something approximating a less polite version of "OUCH!" 

So, there you have it. The various portions of my world which collided today. And now I'm ready for Thursday and -- hopefully -- being one day further away from my achiness. Wish me luck.

No comments: