Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Stew

It's been a really busy week, and -- as you may have noticed -- my blog has taken a back seat to much of what I've been doing. So today you're going to get a nice helping of "Sunday Stew" as I pour ideas into my keyboard.

1) Christopher and I went to a movie on Friday afternoon. You know how I've been saying that going to a movie with almost no expectations often results in greater enjoyment of the movie? Well... Even with low expectations, we left the theater thinking we had seen one of the worst movies ever. You may wonder why we went to see "Crank 2: High Voltage" in the first place, but the original "Crank" was actually fairly witty, at least. "Crank 2" was just bad. Overall: D-

2) On the other hand, last night we went to the final concert of the season for the Valley Chamber Chorale. Christopher's mom is their accompanist, and we've become season ticket holders. They're not a professional group, but they put on amazing concerts. Last night's was "De la Mort a la Vie" -- three 20th century French pieces going "from death to life." We were a little apprehensive about what we'd be hearing, but it was really rather amazing, overall. If you're in the area, I'd strongly suggest checking out the VCC in future. 

3) Amid all of this, we've finally been watching spring come to Minneapolis. The yard is greening up. The trees are beginning to leaf out. The tulips are up (and getting ready to bloom). And we're having a rainy -- not snowy -- day today. Amazing.

Alright, I know that a 3-ingredient stew is pretty skimpy, but I have to put my computer away (to watch The Amazing Race). See you again, soon!

No comments: